Surprise Wubbzy Cupcakes are small cakes designed to serve one person with an image of Wubbzy made of icing gel and a chilled marshmallow on each one. The recipe for the cakes is located at Wubbzy.com.
• 2 dozen cupcakes
• 3-4 ounce box of vanilla-instant pudding
• 24 large marshmallows
• Yellow food coloring
• 1 cup of yellow melting candy (Wilton Candy Melts work well)
• Waxed-paper-lined baking sheet
• M&M's Minis
• Small knife
• Vanilla frosting
• Black icing gel
1. Prepare and cool 2 dozen cupcakes from your favorite recipe.
2. Prepare box instant pudding & stir in drops of yellow food coloring until you have Wubbzy’s color. Place in refrigerator to chill.
3. Add drops of yellow food coloring to vanilla frosting until the color matches pudding color. Also place into the refrigerator to chill.
4. Microwave 1 cup of yellow melting candy for 1 minute and stir. If necessary, continue to heat until completely melted.
5. One at a time, spear 24 large marshmallows with a skewer and roll in yellow melted candy completely covering the white of the marshmallows.
6. Set candy covered marshmallows on a waxed-paper-lined baking sheet, add M&M's Minis for eyes and place in the refrigerator to chill.
7. Using a small knife, carefully remove 1-inch-wide chunks from the center of each cupcake.
8. Fill each cupcake hole with a tablespoon of yellow pudding.
9. Spread yellow vanilla frosting around each pudding hole and cover entire top of each cupcake.
10. Cover each frosted cupcake with a chilled marshmallow.
11. Add black icing gel to create Wubbzy’s face.
12. Serve cupcakes chilled.